Often bloggers complain that no matter how hard they try, they cannot grow their blog traffic to 100 page views per day, initially it’s hard because you have to put hard work without the certainty of achieving desired results.
So what you can do to increase the traffic to your blog, here is a simple strategy to follow to get good daily page views on your blog. If you closely follow this simple yet effective strategies you can break the barrier of few 100 daily page views to 1000’s of page view.
Obviously the steps outlined here is going to take few hours a day, but that is required and more time you can spend, the faster you will get the results.
First Step: Unique Informative Articles (1 hour per day)
Spend at least one hour in researching, brainstorming and writing a unique informative article (also called pillar articles or link baits).
Make a goal to release one Unique Informative article every week. If you are too busy to release an article every week, aim for one article every 15 days. As research and creating a unique informative article can take from 5 to 10 hours, it’s up to you on how you are going to dedicate 5 to 10 hours to release the article.
If you are not familiar with the term, a unique informative article is nothing more than a long and structured article which provides huge amount of value to potential visitors. Here are some ideas for creating a unique informative article:
- Create a list of free and useful resources, like top 100 free resources for web designer,
- Write a detailed “how to do” to teach people doing something
- Write about a common problem and it’s solution in your niche
When visitors read through your article, your goal is to get a reaction like this: “This is awesome. Lets bookmark it. Better yet, I ought to even share it on my Twitter account and on my website, to let my followers and readers know about it.”
Second Step: Professional Networking (30 minutes per day)
In today’s world of Social Media, Networking is very important, especially when you are just getting started. You can split 30 minutes into following activities:
- Blog commenting in your niche
- You can link to other bloggers post in your niche
- Start interacting with the bloggers using Email, Twitter or LinkedIn.
It’s very important that your goal is to build genuine relationships, so avoid approaching people with goal of just promoting your blog.
Third Step: Promotion (30 minutes per day)
To start with, promoting your unique informative articles. As soon as you publish an article your goal should be to push it in any way you can. Examples include:
- Broadcast in your network, letting the people know about it (don’t ask for a link though)
- Letting webmasters or bloggers in relevant niches know about it
- Submit them to social bookmarking site, take help of your friends or a link builder if needed
- Tweet it and ask your friends to re-tweet
- Publish the article in forums or newsgroup where you participate regularly.
If there is time left, spend it in search engine optimization and social media marketing, do whatever you can to promote your blog as a whole.
Fourth Step: Regular Normal Posts (30 minutes per day)
Just like you cannot leave by just eating pizza, a blog also cannot survive by unique informative articles alone. Regular normal posts are the ones that you can publish routinely on your blog. Here are some ideas for normal posts:
- You can write an article as an opinion to another linked article on another niche site
- If you are subscribed to newsletters in your niche, you can write a post informing your readers about the new happenings in your niche.
- You can write a post asking about anything in your niche and aiming to start a discussion.
- You can write a post about something you discovered in your niche and which can help others in your niche.
While Unique Informative articles are important to promote your blog and bring new readers aboard, regular normal posts are required to create diversity in your content and keep your blog readers engaged and interested.