Bounce the Bounce Rate
The bounce rate refers to the percentage of visitors leaving your site without browsing through other pages. An e-commerce site would be an exception as a high bounce rate would be understandable. It would still be considered a bounce if a user stays an hour on a page they landed on and did not visit another page.
The more engaging your website, and the more favorable attention your website draws, the lower the bounce rate. Here are a few factors to consider when understanding your bounce rate:
- Are you only just pitching a sale, or do you have valuable content to provide your viewers?
- How long does it take to load your page?
- Do you have any broken links or images on the page?
- How assessable is the website? Does navigating require many clicks or just one
- Is the navigation placed well and is it straightforward to use?
- Is there an excess of pop-ups on your site?
- How are the aesthetics of the page? Are the colors pleasing? Is it easy to read?
- Have your pages been spell-checked?
- Have you filtered for unrelated keywords that will drive untargeted traffic?
- Are the links on your site relevant?
ABOUT BAYTECH WEB DESIGN
Baytech Digital is a global, full-service web development and internet marketing firm. Rated the number one web development firm of 2008 by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, Baytech Digital offers a full range of web services to entrepreneurs to enterprise level clients. As a winner of the Horizon Interactive Award, this dedicated team of professionals creates customer-focused web-based solutions that deliver tangible and measurable success.